To the Idaho Falls City Council:
My name is Arthur Schaper, and I am the Organization Director for MassResistance:
We are the international pro-family, anti-LGBT group that makes the difference.
On behalf of our members, I wish these comments to be read into the record.
From some of our Idaho MassResistance members, it has come to our attention that the council is contemplating a so-called non-discrimination ordinance which will "protect" a privileged class of individuals, i.e. homosexuals and transgenders.
This is a nonsensical policy, fraught with problems for the individual liberties and community sensibilities. It's based on lies, and in fact is contradictory, because discrimination will ensue against all other groups and individuals who are not in the privileged class of individuals.
The city should reject this policy immediately, and consider respecting the constitutional rights of all citizens as outlined in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution, as opposed to drawing up special privileges for an aggrieved special interest group.
Here are important facts which the council must consider:
1. Homosexuality is a behavior, not an innate genetic characteristic. Individuals are not born gay, and therefore there should be no protections for behaviors per se.
2. Homosexual acts are inherently destructive and disorder. Homosexuals engage in anal sex, which does harm to the anus as well as the genitals of the penetrator. Such behaviors lead to tearing, anal cancers, and Gay Bowel Movement syndrome. Anal sex spreads venereal disease, as well.
3. Sexually Transmitted Diseases are rampant among homosexual populations. Other perverse behaviors like oral sex and "rimming" (in which one sexual partner links the anus of the other partner) are disturbingly common among homosexuals.
4. Transgenderism is a mental illness, not a civil right. Individuals who struggle with their identity in their biological sex cannot change their sex through hormonal injections or reconstructive surgeries. There are more than 9,000 chromosomal determinants inside of one's genetic makeup which indicate male or female. There is no procedure which can change the sex of an individual.
5. Homosexual conduct diminishes the lifespan of individuals by an average of 20%, and these statistics are consistent in both pro-LGBT as well as LGBT adverse nations.
6. Transgenders commit suicide at an astonish rate of 41%, and this occurs in countries which are accommodating of transgenderism.
7. The larger political agenda pushing protections and promotions for homosexuality and transgenderism are not content with mere accommodation. These adherents demand acceptance or consequences. Any so-called First Amendment protections will face an onslaught of lawsuits in the near future, as LGBT individuals will demand more rights and more access in public accommodations of all varieties.
8. Such a non-discrimination measure does great despite to the efforts of black Americans who fought for civil rights in the 1950s and 1960s. They sought equal protection before the law, not special privileges or treatment. People are born black, but they are not born gay.
9. Is the Idaho Falls City Council not aware that there are ex-gays and former transgenders? Their testimonies are receiving greater prominence every day, despite a mainstream media which silences their success stories in leaving those damaging, destructive behaviors. Almost every testimony from former homosexuals and transgenders exposes a childhood and even young adulthood fraught with abuse, neglect, and loneliness. A lack of love and care from distant or abusive parents often causes emotional needs and hurts to turn into warped sexual desires for the same sex. Why would any city want to celebrate these behaviors as static identities?
By passing this ordinance, the city of Idaho Falls would not be becoming a welcoming city, but rather a discriminating one which will harm the rights of all as well as the public health of city by celebrating and promoting LGBT behaviors.
This non-discrimination ordinance must be rejected in full.