Here is all that you need to know -- share this with every reporter that you contend with, and demand that the show integrity in their reporting!
1. The Southern Poverty Law Center is the real hate group, fully discredited. They basically label/libel every groups whose views they do not agree with, nothing more.
2. Their misuse of the label "hate" has become so well-known, the FBI no longer relies on them to monitor so-called hate groups. Government agencies do not trust them, so why should anyone else?
3. They are facing at least six lawsuits from different individuals and organizations because of their libelous slander against conservatives and other non-profit groups.
4. The agency's co-founder, Morris Dees, was fired for fostering a work culture of sexism and racism, as well as engaging sexual misconduct against female employees. Not exactly tolerant or loving, right?
5. The President of the SPLC, Richard Cohen, was forced to resign for enabling Mr. Dees' misdeeds. So did the SPLC legal director Rhonda Brownstein. Ironically, they fostered and permitted the very culture of hate they claimed to combat.
6.They are an inherently racist organization whose leadership routinely refused to hire minorities. Their organization routinely refused to hire anyone aside from white males and females.
7. Bob Moser, a former employee of the SPLC, informed the public in an exposé for The New Yorker that the whole SPLC is just a smear-machine fundraising mill, nothing more. The agency was never intended to actually stop extremism and hate, but just raise money off of gullible corporate donors who wanted to feel that they were helping the fight.
“All the time, dark shadows hung over everything: the racial and gender disparities, the whispers about sexual harassment, the abuses that stemmed from the top-down management, and the guilt you couldn’t help feeling about the legions of donors who believed that their money was being used, faithfully and well …. We were part of the con, and we knew it.”
This from an unabashed liberal who worked in the agency!
8. They are so reckless in their slander, the SPLC was forced to pay a $3.8 million settlement to Maajid Nawaz of Quillette, a reformist minded Muslim, for libeling (not just labeling) him as an "anti-Muslim extremist". Why? Because as a Muslim reformer he opposes Sharia Law. Former President Richard Cohen had to make an official apology, too.
9. The SPLC claims to want to protect groups that have immutable characteristics from hate, That is a lie, The claim to protect illegal aliens from "hate", when immigration status is a very mutable characteristic. People can enter a country legally by VISA, and then become illegal aliens when they VISA lapses. Conversely, there are those who enter a country illegally who become legal residents through marriage or legal retribution.
Moreso, when it comes to homosexuality and transgenderism, there is a growing community of people who witness that those behaviors are not immutable characteristcs.
10. Because of the SPLC's libelous attacks on the Family Research Council, a deranged gunman charged into their DC office and wounded a security guard there before being subdued by DC police. This is the SPLC, folks. They foment and foster hate.
11. Mark Potok, former senior member of the SPLC, has admitted on record that their organization exists not to monitor hate groups, but merely to destroy conservatives. Nothing more.
12. Telling the truth is not hate. The SPLC lies. What more need I more?
13. Mother Jones and the Wall Street Journal have rejected the SPLC hate-mongering, too. Even the Washington Post is questioning their efforts and labeling. The Washington Post!