Friday, October 7, 2011

Nanny State, Enabling Administrators

One of the administrators I thought was a nice lady.

She was fun to talk to, seemed to have a sense of humor.

Sadly, to the shattering of my naive suppositions, I discovered that she was one more uptight elitist, a supervisor imbibed with "this should work" idealism, which began interrogating me, as if I was the enemy, no The Enemy -- of her race, her people.

Just before I went away for the day, the assistant principal called me over:

"Mr. S, Let's talk politics!"

I told her about free markets, free people, letting kids learn what they want to learn, and all that other "Tea Party" nonsense that the hollow, one-track media denigrates without rhyme or reason.

To say the least, she was surprised. She was talking to a "right-wing nut-job", such creatures are endangered, never though to be found in public schools! -- At least that is the estimation of many on the left, who denigrate any meaningful discussion with conservatives to either "You're stupid!" or "You're racist!", and therefore, there is not talking to them.

And talk at me this assistant principal did. She went on prattling about her views, her ways, what a great teacher she was fifteen years ago, almost as if I was not in the room.

"What are you doing to my kids?! What about my kids?" She exclaimed.

I did not know that she was so prolific a mother.

"I have eighteen hundred kids!" she boasted, giving herself full sway and responsibility over the student population at the high school were I was working. She promoted herself to matron of the clink, like some minority Momma Morton of Chicago fame.

They are not kids, though. Why do we insist on extending people's childhood? Let us make every effort to engage youth to be more, to do more, than was previously thought. They do not need hand outs or even a hand, except for the one at the end of their arm. She called the students on the campus (not hers) kids because she wanted to magnify herself, to make herself seem like "big shot" and that the state was paying her (and lower functionaries like myself) to be trusted with the upbringing of our youth. But they are not kids, and treating them like hapless lads in need of chronic direction and nurturing is gross wickedness, akin to enslaving people and telling them that it is good for them!

Such is the liberal politics suffused into modern curricula. All kids, and minority kids in particular are implicitly told to be proud of their race, to see any challenge to their status as an affront. Now, I was talking to its managerial legacy. From this line of thinking, they are also infantilized, instructed to be like children, babied into submission and coddled into behaving disrespectful, never having to take responsibility for anything because the "(read white) power elites have oppressed them."

The hateful irony in all of this: it is the state that has been oppressing minorities, yet has deceived many people of all colors into believing that they can get "fairness" (very loaded word, this one), equity, and justice from the government, from more regulation, from more litigation. Nonsense, all of it. But of course, for me to challenge such irremediable evil would make me "stupid!" or "racist!"

Now, I see no other reason why not to speak up, but that the well-being of many people, young and old, are compromised by such empty, foolishness, unsupportable ideas. And in a public school, no less, where our youth are supposed to be educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment