The California State Legislature is pushing yet another outrageous pro-LGBT bill
AB 1084, if enacted, would require department stores with more than 500 employees to set up a "gender neutral section" besides the boy-girl sections in department stores.
Here's the bill summary:
This bill would require a retail department store with 500 or more employees that sells childcare items, children’s clothing, or toys, to maintain a gender neutral section or area, to be labeled at the discretion of the retailer, in which a reasonable selection of the items, articles, and toys for children that it sells shall be displayed, regardless of whether they have been traditionally marketed for either girls or for boys.
The bill is government overreach.
The bill is a waste of time and money.
Most importantly, however, this legislation is yet another step towards normalizing the destructive, delusional lie that human beings do not have a fixed sex, and that transgenderism, both ideas and behaviors, are normal and should be impressed upon children at a young age.
This legislation faced some opposition in the Assembly Business Committee, where it passed by a narrow 11-8 vote. It has recently moved from the Judiciary Committee in the State Assembly to the State Assembly Appropriations Committee.
There are 13 members on that committee, and we need seven votes to kill this bill.
This link below contains all the names and contacts for the current CA State Assembly Appropriations Committee:
There are four Republicans on the committee. They will all vote no.
The chair of this committee is Democrat Lorena Gonzalez:
|Lorena Gonzalez (Chair)||Dem - 80||Contact Assembly Member Lorena Gonzalez|
One Democrat, Ed Chau, has abstained on this bill in a previous committee, which means that for now he is our Fifth NO vote.
Contact him anyway:
These are at least three other Democrats to target to vote NO on AB 1084:
|Lisa Calderon||Dem - 57||Contact Assembly Member Lisa Calderon|
|Eduardo Garcia||Dem - 56||Contact Assembly Member Eduardo Garcia|
|Bill Quirk||Dem - 20||Contact Assembly Member Bill Quirk|
Here are the key talking points to use when contacting the State Assemblymembers:
1. This legislation is a massive waste of time. There are homeless Californians dying on our streets, millions of Californians have not received unemployment disbursements because of state government fraud and incompetence, and California streets are getting more dangerous every day. Students have not even been allowed to go back to school! These are the more pressing issues which the state legislature should deal with.
2. The legislation is government overreach of the worst kind. Businesses in California are struggling to make ends meet as it is, and with high taxes and energy costs, they do not need another set of regulations to hurt their bottom line, and more importantly to hurt their workers and consumers.
3. This legislation wants to enable a set of destructive fictions in another institution. There is no reason to promote goods to children as "gender neutral." This lie that human beings do not have fixed traits that indicate sex is a perverse lie, one which is based on the faultiest of lies, that sex can change through surgeries or hormonal replacements.
4. This legislation will only create gender confusion for minors. There is no reason to allow for this abuse in department stores.
5. Boys' and Girls' clothing is structurally different. It is nonsensical to require stores to sell clothes in a "gender neutral" setting.
For more information, please contact:
Arthur Schaper, Organization Director
Cell: (781) 474-3005