Sunday, November 4, 2018

Straight Out of Austin (Photos)

They told me Austin, Texas was just like California.

How right the critics were -- except that the gas is a dollar cheaper. That would make Austin worth the trouble.

Lots of stack and packs everywhere, for starters:



Who is making big money off of all this overprices housing? I thought all this apartment-style construction was just a California problem. It's a liberal problem, for sure.

Check out the Civil Rights checkpoint below:





Today, the "civil rights" phrase has turned into an excuse to discriminate all over again. This is wrong.

Civil rights must descend from the United States Constitution, not the twisted bureaucracy of liberal city governments.

Of course, there were lots of Beto signs, and I just had to fix them:



Lot of signs to help people with HIV:



Are those two individuals men? Women? Both? Neither?

UGH!


Why is LeBron James wearing a Beto sign, anyway? Didn't he move to Los Angeles from Ohio? Texas is not in the flight pattern either way. None of this makes sense, and once again I had to fix the photo:




How could I visit Texas and not have a cowboy hat? This tejana was a gift from Nick the Greek!








Just say no to Beto Male O'Rourke!



Final Reflection

I flew into Austin, Texas on Saturday morning: 12:10 am to be precise. I had enough time to rest and prepare for the Killeen, Texas conference.

Sunday was my day, plus doing all the other stuff to prepare the MassResistance rallies and demonstrations in other states, specifically Riverside, CA and Boston, Massachusetts. I also finished some reports on other efforts completed by MassResistance chapters in other states.

I was glad to take a few hours to walk around the outskirts of Austin, Texas. The weather is pretty nice during the final weeks of October into November. Not as humid as I would have feared, and a gentle breeze softened the general warmth of the area.

I wouldn't want to live in Austin, but it was nice to visit, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment