(Response to Los Angeles County DA Hochman Is Doing The Right Thing)
I live in L.A. so your D.A. story I read, although the American Thinker isn't a site I go to often.
I am overjoyed that you get the Socates/hemlock principle of upholding the law we ourselves make (until we ourselves change the law)I don't think they teach Socrates anymore. Washington would have disagreed with Civil Disobedience (unpeaceful) and nobody teaches this. Rather they teach the Founding Fathers were bad people despite the fact they put together the most popular country on earth. I guess we had some good teachers and parents.
I followed you on X, but I suspect you don't use that platform much. Anyway, you are a breath of fresh air and it made my day to come across your article.
God bless you and yours,
Dan Hird
(@hirdman on X)
-----
Dear Daniel,
Thank you so much for your kind words!
Sometimes, I fear that people aren't reading what I write. As you may have already guessed, I am a Los Angeles County resident, specifically in Torrance.
I am so thrilled with this new District Attorney.
And as you read, I esteem and celebrate the fact that he had the courage to do the right thing based on the law, with no regard to politics, posturing, or propaganda.
If you want to read any more of my work, check out these websites!
TownHall.com
American Greatness
2 Urban Girls
One more thing — I am using X more, so keep an eye out!
Thanks again for writing.
Oops, I realize that I did not answer your question.
Yes, indeed, I have read Socrates (through Plato), and I have read The Apology, which covers his trial, conviction, and sentence.
Great stuff!
Indeed, more people do need to read the classics, learn to think, learn to learn, and learn to work effectively.
Your letter was so uniquely welcome that I felt compelled to ensure I provided proper answers.
Thank you for your patience.

No comments:
Post a Comment